Helping a Distressed Person Living with Dementia
Redirecting Hallucinations in a Person with Dementia
Dementia and Changes to Personal Relationships
Anger, physical resistance, swearing, hallucinations, and sexually undesired or surprising actions are just a few examples of the challenging situations that can occur when a person is living with dementia.
As a care provider, any of these behaviors can leave you feeling distressed, hurt, embarrassed, and unappreciated.
Would you like to know how to best respond during challenging situations?
Would you like to be able to reduce the chance of future escalations and help the person living with dementia feel at ease?
After watching this program you will know
– Which physical and emotional needs may being causing challenging situations
– How to figure out the problem, ease the discomfort, and calm the person in distress
– Hands-on techniques to connect and comfort using visual, verbal, physical, emotional and spiritual communication
– How to create a deeper and more meaningful care approach by using Teepa’s “Six Pieces of the PuzzleTM”
– Resistive & Distressed Behaviors (Length: approx. 15 min)
– Six Pieces of the Puzzle (Length: approx. 70 min)
– Sexual Advances & Explicit Behaviors (Length: approx 45 min)
– Hallucinations & Questions and Answers (Length: approx 28 min)
Teepa Snow helps you overcome the challenges of caring for your loved one or resident living with dementia – in the most practical and loving ways possible.
For over 30 years thousands have relied on Teepa to help them give the best care possible, in efficient, cost effective, and most importantly – caring ways.
Join them and experience for yourself how the right approach can make all the difference.