Palliative Care and Comforting
Late Stage Dementia: How to Recognize Pain (Part 1)
Late Stage Dementia: How to Recognize Pain (Part 2)
Learn to recognize a patient’s progression into the final stages of dementia and provide the best care with Teepa Snow’s hands-on, disease-level appropriate techniques.
In this 2 hour training program, Teepa explains how to connect with someone in late stage dementia, how to recognize and manage pain, and how to help the care team grieve the loss and celebrate the person’s life.
– about indicators that the disease has progressed into its final stages and how to provide the most effective comfort care
– how to communicate when there are no words through visual, auditory, and physical signals of connection
– about physical changes and the importance of primitive reflexes
– techniques for a consistent positive physical approach
– about different care approaches, from health promotion to compensatory care
– about advanced directives, living will, DNR orders, palliative and hospice care
– about giving the person with dementia permission to pass without giving up on them (Letting Go vs. Giving Up)