Nothing is more challenging in dementia care than effective communication.
Have you had trouble getting a loved one to a screening, or aren’t sure how to communicate when there is a need to stop driving?
This in-depth, hands-on workshop with internationally recognized dementia care expert Teepa Snow offers the skills necessary to tackle these crucial conversations and safeguard your loved one.
After watching this program you will know
– How to partner with a person living with dementia when change is needed
– How to best approach for screening or medical attention
– How to best communicate when there is a need to stop driving
– How to relate so a person is more likely to accept help
– How to help family members near or far recognize symptoms and move past denial of changing needs
– How to communicate and work more effectively with professional and care partners
– How to help friends and neighbors maintain or regain relationships when dementia changes abilities