Dementia in Faith-Based Communities: Understanding, Accepting, and Appreciating a Person Living with Dementia
Teepa, Thank you for your wonderful videos. My husband has moderate Alzheimer's dementia and your teachings came to me when I needed them most. Just another proof of God's timing. You have helped to save us from a life of screaming and fighting because you have educated me in the way of caring for him with all the love I have. Facing the fact was the hardest part, then learning how to say "I'm sorry" was the next hardest. May God continue to bless you in this ministry to others.
Yours in Him, Pat W.
Have you struggled to meet the spiritual needs of a family member living with dementia?
Do you run a faith-based organization and would like to know how to best help a person living with dementia and their families stay connected to their community of faith?
Learn with dementia expert Teepa Snow and Reverend Linn Possell about basic spiritual needs throughout life, what may or may not change when someone is living with dementia and how to best meet those needs.
Watch this program and learn
- How to meet the spiritual needs that remain when a person is in the midst of brain change
- How to connect with the spirit of someone living with dementia to create a “soul to soul” relationship
- How to help family members better manage feelings of guilt, sadness and grief
- How to offer the highest quality of life by focusing on what the person living with dementia is still able to do
- Showcasing challenging situations through roleplay
- Brain changes you need to know
- Improving your skills
- Why the GEMSTM matter
- Using your skills